MS Power BI : What can be the Cause of this Error? RRS feed

• Question

• Respected Experts,

I have just joined a new company.

We have created a replicated database to store the replicated data from MS power Bi. When we are executing our stored procedure to get last 12 months data we are getting this error:

Executed as user: abcserver\useradmin. Stored Procedure  failed with error:TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 50000)  OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI11" for linked server "BI-Server" returned message "Communication link failure". [SQLSTATE 01000](Error 7412).  The step failed.

The main points of consideration are:

• Last week It was working perfectly for 12 months data. Just stopped 3 days before.
    • Currently it is successfully working for 3 months data. But we are unable to get more then that.
    • There is not any dramatic change in the database records(means row count)

Can you please guide me what can be the cause for this error. Please help.

Thanks

Friday, August 9, 2019 4:40 PM

All replies

• Respected Experts,

I have just joined a new company.

We have created a replicated database to store the replicated data from MS power Bi. When we are executing our stored procedure to get last 12 months data we are getting this error:

Executed as user: abcserver\useradmin. Stored Procedure  failed with error:TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 50000)  OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI11" for linked server "BI-Server" returned message "Communication link failure". [SQLSTATE 01000](Error 7412).  The step failed.

The main points of consideration are:

• Last week It was working perfectly for 12 months data. Just stopped 3 days before.
    • Currently it is successfully working for 3 months data. But we are unable to get more then that.
    • There is not any dramatic change in the database records(means row count)

Can you please guide me what can be the cause for this error. Please help.

Thanks

Good day,

>> TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Check if the following blog help you:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/developingfordynamicsgp/2013/12/03/tcp-chimney-setting-and-sql-server-error-tcp-provider-an-existing-connection-was-forcibly-closed-by-the-remote-host/

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:55 PM