none
reportviewer Print button not show. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys.
    I'm using VS 2005 to developer a report viewer. After the report is showed, I need to print the report from report viewer. I've set ShowShowPrintButton="true", but I still can't see the print button.

I've installed Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 SP1 (Full Installation), but it doesn't help.

Please advise.
    Monday, January 12, 2009 11:14 AM

Answers

• Visual Studio 2005 does not support webforms printing in local mode.  The button will not show up in this case in any service pack.  This functionality was added in Visual Studio 2008 and is present in the 2008 redistributable.
    • Marked as answer by engloon Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:00 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 4:11 PM

All replies

• Visual Studio 2005 does not support webforms printing in local mode.  The button will not show up in this case in any service pack.  This functionality was added in Visual Studio 2008 and is present in the 2008 redistributable.
    • Marked as answer by engloon Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:00 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 4:11 PM
  • Thanks for the info, Brian.
    By the way, how do I use remote mode? Does it mean that I need to put the webform at remote server?
    Have a nice day. :D
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:00 AM
  • Remote mode means that the report will be processed by a report server rather than with the processing engine embedded in the report viewer control.  You can find more information on remote mode (often also called server mode) here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252075.aspx
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:14 AM