Kinect not working on Win 10 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys.

My computer is able to use Kinect V2 microphone but does not recognises the camera at all. Example:

- When using Skype, the program uses Kinect microphone but do not recognises the camera.

- I have also install "Fusion 4" (Microsoft store) and it does not recognises my Kinect at all.

- When using the Camera application of Windows 10 I get and error message telling " Something went wrong. Make sure that your camera is connected and not being used by another program"

I have run the Kinect configuration verifier and I am getting the following errors that I do not understand:

1) USB controller (In orange):

As per the attached link, it seems that Kinect V2 only works with Intel or Renesas chipsets. I am using a Gigabyte Z97M-D3H that comes with the Intel chipset so I should not get this error.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/kinect-for-windows-v2-known-issues

2) Verify Kinect software installed (In red):

What does it mean? That the drivers are missing (should not be install automatically) or that specific software that uses Kinect is missing from my computer. I have install Fusion 4D (Microsoft store) and it does not even find the Kinect plugged to my computer.

I suspect that all these problems are related to the USB 3 driver that windows 10 is using.

Is anybody else aware of this issue? Is there a solution?

Thanks.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 1:32 PM

All replies

• I'm also having issues with Win10 and kinect v2. I cannot get it to work at all - windows won't even recognize it.
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 9:17 PM
  • Any luck with this issue Frob? I'm also having a similar issue that I've posted in the forums: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5deebc7d-5226-45af-a531-c8b7824daa65/kinect-for-xbox-one-not-showing-on-win-10-machine?forum=kinectv2sdk
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:17 PM