none
VS 2019 - RDLC opening as XML RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated VS in my machine from 2017 to 2019. When I opened the existing RDLC report in VS 2019, it is always opening as XML. I have installed required workload and extension per this link. Also I didn't see Report option in Add New File window.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Abirami,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The cause of your problem may be the lack of the RDLC Report Designer extension in VS2019.

First, please have a check whether you installed the RDLC Report Designer extension in VS2019. If not, please install it and make sure the status of it is enable.

In addition to this, check if the SSDT extensions are installed in VS2019 and then do the following steps above.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Abirami,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The cause of your problem may be the lack of the RDLC Report Designer extension in VS2019.

First, please have a check whether you installed the RDLC Report Designer extension in VS2019. If not, please install it and make sure the status of it is enable.

In addition to this, check if the SSDT extensions are installed in VS2019 and then do the following steps above.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:09 AM
  • Thank you Perry, It worked!!

Abirami Rajendran

Thursday, July 25, 2019 2:46 PM