System.Exception: Error: Invalid token in RPDS stream. StringTable token: 0x12. RRS feed

• Question

• When i am trying to create a report the above error occur,I am using SQL 2012 SP1 .The issue is regarding CU hotfixes?

Detail error is

System.Exception: Error: Invalid token in RPDS stream. StringTable token: 0x12.
    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPDSProcessing.RPLReader.ReadStringTable(Int64 offset, RPLContext context)
    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPDSProcessing.RPLReader.ReadVersionedReport(RPLReport report, RPLContext context)
    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPDSProcessing.RPLReader.ReadReport(RPLReport report, RPLContext context)
    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RPDSProcessing.RPLReport..ctor(BinaryReader reader)
    at Microsoft.Reporting.AdHoc.DataManagement.Internal.DataManager.PopulateRimWithRplData(Stream stream, HashSet`1 itemsToNotParse)
    at Microsoft.Reporting.AdHoc.DataManagement.Internal.DataManager.HandleRenderEditResponse(IAsyncEnumeratorCallback aec)
    Friday, January 24, 2014 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Trevor,

Finally the issue is resolved after running the "SQLServer2012-KB2861107-x64" present in CU5 on both the servers,also running the rssharepoint.msi directly on wfe gives errors so i installed it using setup,so the file "2012_SP1_RSShrPnt_CU7_2894115_11_0_3393_x64"  Made no difference. Thanks for your help

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:01 AM

All replies

• Any Solution to this issue? I read in one post that i need to install rssharepoint.msi on wfe.I do have installed it 

Please Mark it as answer if this reply helps you in resolving the issue,It will help other users facing similar problem

Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:14 PM
  • I haven't seen this one before. Have you tried the RSSharePoint.msi from http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2894115&kbln=en-us? Grab the Fix named "2012_SP1_RSShrPnt_CU7_2894115_11_0_3393_x64".

Deploy that update to your SharePoint servers.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:45 PM
  • Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply,I feel the same that its the issue of RSSharepoint.msi .Will do that and hope it works

Please Mark it as answer if this reply helps you in resolving the issue,It will help other users facing similar problem

Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:09 PM
  • Hi Trevor,

I tried that hotfix,but same issue

Monday, January 27, 2014 11:28 AM
  • Hi Trevor,

Finally the issue is resolved after running the "SQLServer2012-KB2861107-x64" present in CU5 on both the servers,also running the rssharepoint.msi directly on wfe gives errors so i installed it using setup,so the file "2012_SP1_RSShrPnt_CU7_2894115_11_0_3393_x64"  Made no difference. Thanks for your help

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:01 AM