none
How to reduce file lock failure when using BizTalk File Adapter accessing Network Share folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing some problem with File adapter receive location where sometimes adapter won't pick files from remote network share folder with no error in event log and checked receive location is enable.

I checked with performance monitor counter for Biztalk receive file adapter..number of times there is file lock failure is 31 ..so i am thinking this could be the case..if yes please advise how to reduce this...

Also one more question..

BizTalk host instance user has full control over network share folder ..do i need to give same username and password in receive location authentication tab..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Monday, January 17, 2011 11:22 AM

All replies

• It does not sound like an authentication issue. Do you know if the share is on DFS? I have heard of this problem causing the locks before. Here is an article on a hotfix for this issue: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/biztalkcpr/archive/2008/10/14/file-receive-locations-become-disabled-if-dfs-is-being-used-on-the-network.aspx.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, January 17, 2011 11:46 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I have checked share is not on DFS.

Ben what will be the scenario where File Adapter receive location won't pick files from share but still in active state.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:02 AM
  • Here are some known issues - make sure the file is not like these: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560642(BTS.20).aspx

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:16 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply..

I checked the link ..but no of the case are there with my project to fail picking files from receive location.

One thing i like to ask..as SQL stored procedure run by SQL jobs drops the files at receive location and Biztalk picks those files from there..whether File adapter uses Windows File Change Notification to get the capture the event so that it can pick the file..

If this is the case then why when second time file drops file adapter won't able to capture those events ..

Also Ben is there any restrictions on having number to receive location to a network share folder..

Pls  Advise...

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:03 AM