Shared web.config RRS feed

• Question

• User-1852857421 posted
    Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Here is my scenario – I am looking into the new shared configuration of IIS7 across a webfarm. What needs to happen is that one logs in on one website and if successful then gets redirected to another website(virtual directory) on another server. Because the user is already authenticated he must not be pointed to login page. Currenlty testing with a ASP.NET 2 website.

I get it working one server with encrypted url - but as soon as I connect to another server then the user is pointed to login page. Do not want to use cookies as security risk and user needs to accept cookies.<o:p></o:p>Any help is greatly appreciated.<o:p></o:p>Thanks<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:10 AM

Answers

• User-1853252149 posted

This isn't a function of shared config.  You're looking at passing authentication across domains.  Easiest would be using Windows accounts and trusted domains, Kerberos may be an option as well.  If this is Forms Authentication in ASP.NET you might post in the www.asp.net forums, there's a security forum there that might help.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:05 PM