none
Need a webcam barcode reader c#.net sdk and source code RRS feed

• Question

• Hello developer brothers. I need barcode reader sdk and source code for c#.net.

It should use webcam and supports 1d, 2d barcodes .

I found a lot of them but they are not free or successful.

This is a small part of my big stock control program. I will share all of my code with all you when it will finished.

Best Regards.
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 8:38 PM

Answers

• The main problems are the limited focal range of most webcams and the limited resolution, a highend HD webcam could possibly (no guarantees) minimize these problems but if you are going to require customers to buy a higer quality cam you might as well ask them to spend the extra $30-40 bucks on a real barcode scanner and go from a solution that might work in all components are in your favour to something that will work guaranteed.

• Proposed as answer by Derek Smyth Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by nobugzModerator Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:27 PM
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:00 AM

All replies

• The main problems are the limited focal range of most webcams and the limited resolution, a highend HD webcam could possibly (no guarantees) minimize these problems but if you are going to require customers to buy a higer quality cam you might as well ask them to spend the extra $30-40 bucks on a real barcode scanner and go from a solution that might work in all components are in your favour to something that will work guaranteed.

• Proposed as answer by Derek Smyth Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by nobugzModerator Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:27 PM
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:00 AM
  • Hi,

Follow Ray M_ advice and purchase a proper bar code scanner, web cams haven't been designed to read bar codes. Just doesn't seem like a right fit. You might find the bar code scanner comes with database tools to help you make the stock control program, or even a proper stock control package.
    www.dsmyth.net | www.dsmyth.net/wiki
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:12 AM
  • Hi - good question.   There are answers to this on StackOverflow and also sample code in CodeProject. I cant send links from this reply (blame MS not me for the lack of usability in MSDN).

I have used bcWebCam, free version, as a POC for getting the bar codes. Works very well so yes it is possible even using a laptop integrated webcam.

Good luck - please post the code you end up using.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:44 AM