Need help choosing the right service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am currently working on a system that captures images from a special camera only availible on IPad so far and i want to upload the data from that camera to an Azure server that could compute restructuration algorithms on those data to form a 3D model that the client could download back.

I looked into Azure Batch which seems like exactly what i need but i can't find a way to interface it with an IPad. I though about using remote app to make an interface between batch and the IPad. I know nothing about Azure so i might be going the wrong way. I need assistance in choosing the right service for my needs.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:06 PM

All replies

• Leon, it really depends on the intensity of the work.  If it's going to take more than a few minutes on lots of cores, batch is great for that sort of thing.  Perhaps an architecture could be a Web API that takes requests and sends the work to batch to run the model building code, and another API that will use the identity of the job returned from the submitter to monitor the status and return the resultant model when the job is done. You could have the client poll the return endpoint until it's done, or whatever way you'd like to handle that.
    Friday, May 1, 2015 3:49 AM
  • What @jamesba has said is correct. Batch is suitable for compute intensive tasks. However, Batch doesn't have a iOS support. Plus, storing Batch account information on the client application might not be the best security practice.

One thing you can consider is to spin up an Azure service monitoring some Azure storage blob/container and submit tasks to Azure batch services.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:18 AM