• Hi All,

I have the below tables:

Table 1 fields are ProjectNo, Project Name

Table2 fields are ProjectNo, Tenderdate, submssiondate

Table3 fields are ProjectNo, tenderers, submitddate

Table4 Fields are ProjectNo, TANo, Date

Table5 Felds are Project No, PTCNo, Date

ProjectNo is a lookup field from Table 1

I have separate reports for each of the above tables and I have compiled all these reports into one report by dragging in to the new report. Now I want to filter all information for one project through a query, without asking 4 times the projectNo.. Is it possible. Please help.

Thanks in advance for the support...VKKT

Saturday, May 26, 2018 9:01 AM

Answers

• Rather than adding all the reports as subreports to an unbound parent report, base the parent report on a query on Table 1, which is restricted by a parameter  Then link each of the subreports to the parent report by setting the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties of each to ProjectNo.  By restricting the parent report's recordset to a single project, each of the subreports will also be restricted to that project by virtue of the linking mechanism.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

• Marked as answer by VKKT Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:23 AM
    Saturday, May 26, 2018 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One approach to make sure all reports see the same user input is to use a form for the filter data. For example, create a report where the user will enter the criteria value and modify the queries/report to refer to this form for the information.

Hope it helps...

Saturday, May 26, 2018 4:01 PM
  • Rather than adding all the reports as subreports to an unbound parent report, base the parent report on a query on Table 1, which is restricted by a parameter  Then link each of the subreports to the parent report by setting the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties of each to ProjectNo.  By restricting the parent report's recordset to a single project, each of the subreports will also be restricted to that project by virtue of the linking mechanism.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

• Marked as answer by VKKT Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:23 AM
    Saturday, May 26, 2018 4:03 PM
  • YYYYEs it worked, Thanks a lot Mr. Ken for your support..regards VKKT
    Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:19 AM