none
Unable to save Word document with large image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I managed to setup an on premise Office Online Server (Nov 2017) and deploy my own WOPI host (C# web api).

When I tried to save a Word document after inserting an image of >5MB, it display on the document correctly. However, it failed in the background when switch to Reading View (oos will trigger PutFile)

It's puzzling when it works for small image file.

[Insert small image]

Lock: Empty or Expired
    GetFile
    UnlockAndRelock
    GetFile
    GetLock
    PutFile Lock mismatch
    GetLock
    PutFile OK!
    GetFile
    Unlock Mismatch
    Unlock

[Insert large image]

Lock: Empty or Expired
    GetFile
    UnlockAndRelock
    GetFile
    GetLock
    PutFile Lock mismatch
    GetLock
    GetFile <<<<<<<<<<<<< why GetFile
    GetLock
    PutFile Lock mismatch
    GetLock
    GetFile <<<<<<<<<<<<< why GetFile
    GetLock
    PutFile Lock mismatch

(loop a few second until oos gave up)

I am curious if anyone encounter this issue? Not sure if I setup the OOS wrongly or WOPI implemented wrongly (which does not explain why insert small image is fine)

Thanks!

• Edited by Jason York Friday, August 24, 2018 2:08 PM
    Friday, August 24, 2018 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

My apologies, silly mistake from my side. My WOPI host was hosted using IIS web api, and the default POST is 4 MB. I simply just need to define a larger limit in the web.config file. 

PS: I tried the WOPI Validator before figuring out the actual cause, its a great tool and I managed to catch some of the wrong return status code.

Thanks!

• Edited by Jason York Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason York Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:08 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason:

I have alerted The Open Specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Friday, August 24, 2018 4:49 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Jason, 

Thanks for the question. We can help troubleshooting for this issue. First can you reach out to us via dochelp@microsoft.com so that we can gather some tracing and logs from you? Please refer to the URL for this thread and my name. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, August 24, 2018 5:04 PM
  • In addition to contacting us, in the meantime, can you also run the WOPI validator to check your implementation? The tool and instructions can be found here: 

WOPI Validator Core

Pay specific attention to the locking tests to make sure they are passing. It is likely the issue is there. 

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Friday, August 24, 2018 6:17 PM
  • Hi Jason, 

Just wondering if you've seen our posts. We will need to gather some information and also have you run the WOPI Validator. Can you post here to acknowledge? 

Thanks,

Tom

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:54 AM
  • Hi Tom,

My apologies, silly mistake from my side. My WOPI host was hosted using IIS web api, and the default POST is 4 MB. I simply just need to define a larger limit in the web.config file. 

PS: I tried the WOPI Validator before figuring out the actual cause, its a great tool and I managed to catch some of the wrong return status code.

Thanks!

• Edited by Jason York Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason York Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:08 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:01 AM
  • Good to hear it Jason!

Tom

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:42 PM