Inranet: Make website available under a domain name RRS feed

• Question

• User-855888433 posted

Hi,

I want to run my website in an intranet environment and make it available unter a certain domain name, so the user don't has to enter an IP address. How can I do that?

The ASP.Net Core web application should be installable on every intranet. Does this work with Kestrel or HTTP.Sys?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, December 18, 2017 2:02 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi StefanoD86,

I want to run my website in an intranet environment and make it available unter a certain domain name, so the user don't has to enter an IP address. How can I do that?

As far as I know, there are two ways to achieve this requirement.

One way:

Using DNS server. 

After installing the DNS server, you could bind the IP address with your custom domain in the intranet.

More details about how to install and config a DNS server in windows, you could refer to this article.

Another way:

You need change the host file in every intranet computer to bind the address with the IP.

More details about how to do it, you could refer to this answer.

The ASP.Net Core web application should be installable on every intranet. Does this work with Kestrel or HTTP.Sys?

As far as I know, the web application is hosted at the server-side. So We just need to make the server-side has the environment to host the netcore application.

All the client computer will use browser to access the website.

So we don't need install anything in the client computer.

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:37 AM
  • User-855888433 posted

Hi Brando,

sorry, for the late answer. Thank you for your solutions. The host file solutions seems to be a good solution if there's no DNS server. thx!

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:24 AM