none
Avoid Access 2010 message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

with the same accdb, only some users, with Access 2010, when editing a field in a continuous sub form get this message:

This shows in just some users of Access 2010 not all and in with the ones that stil use access 2007 doesn't.

To increment the difficulty I can't replicate this situation in a installation of the software with same version of Access 2010

The most weird question is that isn't across all users and all have the same version.

Can someone tell me how to avoid this messagem I'd check all events and  everything I could remember

João

Joao Simplicio Rodrigues

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:51 PM

All replies

• ACCDB, really? It is highly unusual to distribute accdb to your users. That's why we have accde.

You as the developer need to work in the lowest version of all users, in your case 2007.

In this case, I would decompile the application on this user's machine, and see if the problem goes away. Or simply give them a fresh FE.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:06 PM
  • Is the event handler routine of OnGotFocus defined as a Function?

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:32 PM
  • @Paul: How do you figure that?

To me it seems a "normal" event procedure (private sub), that uses a function that cannot be resolved.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:55 AM
  • Hi all,

I had made a mistake in the information I gave before.

I use accde for the front-end.

I figure out that the error 2450 is avoid using accde

This error I report happend in machines with Win 8 and Win 10 with Officce 2010 but I make the accdb with office 2007

Now I went the opposite way. Using accdb (2007) in the machines with Win 10... It works!!

Joao

Joao Simplicio Rodrigues

Thursday, March 1, 2018 12:06 PM
  • Hi Joao,

I am glad your issue has been resolved, I would suggest you mark the solution as answer which is the way to close a thread here.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 2, 2018 7:10 AM
  • Tao,

I have many doubts is this is a "solution"

In the beginning I use to have accdb as file format to the front-ends

Then with the problem of the "Run-time error "2450" Application cannot find form - But the form is open"  I changed the front-ends to accde.

Now that I have workstations with Win10 and Officce 2010 32-bits I get this weird problem of a error message refering to On Got Focus event... When I have nothing there... I'd checked I even made a new form!

More... I have most of WorkStations that the problem does not occurs and they all has the same "image" of WIn 10 and Officce 2010.

Now that I cameback in the format of front-ends to accdb... the problem of run-time error 2450 also cameback...

Yet more..the old workstations with Win7 and Office 2007 don't have problems...

Having all this in consideration ... Solution??  if you say so...

João

Joao Simplicio Rodrigues

Sunday, March 4, 2018 11:11 AM
  • Hi Joao,

Sorry for misunderstanding your issue.

For FE, we should use accde.

It seems you have issue related with  Win10 and Officce 2010 32-bits and got error refering to On Got Focus event.

Could you share us a simple project which could reproduce your issue?

If you create a new Access database with Form and On Got Focus event, split it into FE and BE, will it throw the same exception?

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 5, 2018 6:23 AM