none
SSIS packages go into Pending Execution state after SP1 CU7 deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I performed an upgrade of our SQL 2012 environment this weekend.  I applied 2012 SP1 and CU7.  I now notice that all my scheduled tasks for my SSIS package fail with the same message:

=====

The step did not generate any output.  The return value was unknown.  The process exit code was -1073741819.  The step failed.

=====

In addition all package that I execute directly go into a Pending Execution state.  

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

-Brian

Monday, January 6, 2014 6:49 PM

Answers

• What I found was that when a package is execute directly it goes into a 'pending execution. state.  When it is invoked via  job the job errors out with 'Failed to deploy project. For more information, query the operation_messages view for the operation identifier ’123456′. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 27203)'

Also I discovered that importing a new package on the system would fail and SSMS could not be opened on the server via a TCP/IP connection.  In addition I found the following error:  at SNINativeMethodWrapper.SNIClose(IntPtr)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SNIHandle.ReleaseHandle()
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.InternalFinalize()
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.Dispose(Boolean)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.Finalize()

What I found was that the .Net framework was having an issue.  I was able to resolve this by following this kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2915689

• Edited by Brian Loring Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brian Loring Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May be this old post may help you (look at the last entry)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/92f93fc8-2beb-4efe-8f69-7a11479c4618/process-exit-code1073741819

Sebastian Sajaroff Senior DBA Pharmacies Jean Coutu

Monday, January 6, 2014 7:02 PM
  • Thanks for the idea but sadly that did not help.
    Monday, January 6, 2014 7:46 PM
  • What I found was that when a package is execute directly it goes into a 'pending execution. state.  When it is invoked via  job the job errors out with 'Failed to deploy project. For more information, query the operation_messages view for the operation identifier ’123456′. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 27203)'

Also I discovered that importing a new package on the system would fail and SSMS could not be opened on the server via a TCP/IP connection.  In addition I found the following error:  at SNINativeMethodWrapper.SNIClose(IntPtr)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SNIHandle.ReleaseHandle()
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.InternalFinalize()
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.Dispose(Boolean)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.Finalize()

What I found was that the .Net framework was having an issue.  I was able to resolve this by following this kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2915689

• Edited by Brian Loring Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brian Loring Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:45 AM