none
DragonBoard 410c detect screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I've developed an UWP application for my DragonBoard.
    Sometimes when I turn on the power switch, it happens that my app runs correctly but DragonBoard doesn't detect the display touch and I have to restart the Dragonboard.

I tried to detect if screen is attached with 

ProjectionManager.GetDeviceSelector()

but It doesn't work.

I would like to check if a display touch is connected to my board or not in UWP.

Can someone helps me?

Best regards,

emanuele

Friday, April 24, 2020 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hello Emanuele,

You may try to use DisplayMonitor to detect the display in UWP. 

var selector = DisplayMonitor.GetDeviceSelector();
                var devices = await DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(selector);

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2020 2:05 AM
  • Hi Michael,
    thanks for your reply.
    It seems I have found the issue. In order to set the correct resolution I have inserted into the dragonboard an SD card with panelcfg.xml file as explained in this article:

https://discuss.96boards.org/t/410c-windows-10-iot-screen-resolution/841/13But with SD card, my dragonboard sometimes doesn't communicate with display by HDMI.

Now, I'm trying to solve my originary issue; the UWP layout realized for 1920*1080 screen not scaling for 1280*720 screen.
    With panelcfg.xml I forced the resolution and layout scaling correctly, but if I removed the SD card no.

Do you know if there is a way to set the right resolution or to auto scale the layout?

Thabk you very much.

Best regards,

emanuele

Monday, April 27, 2020 2:41 PM
  • Hello emanuele,

The Qualcomm DragonBoard 410c Windows 10 IoI-Core image only supports 1280x720 screen resolution. It has been noted that it is possible to modify the BSP so as to support 1080P. It seems that a rebuild of the BSP is required. You can find the oeminput_TestOS.xml from DB410c_BSP\prebuilt\8016\OEMInputTemplates, the resolution is 1080x1920, but for production os it is 768x1024. You may try to build a image for test.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 2:30 AM
  • For me it does work without any issue, the Dragonboard 410c does pick up the right resolution of the display (also 1080p). But you have to make sure that you run the latest image of Windows IoT Core for the Dragonboard 410c, and the used BSP has version 2120. That way the resolution and the scaling is correct. One more thing to note, you have to make sure, that the display is powered on BEFORE you turn on your Dragonboard, that way it can pick up the correct resolution from the display over HDMI.
    Saturday, May 2, 2020 9:33 AM