none
Execute local file remotely using .NET? RRS feed

• Question

• I've an exe on my local machine. I need to run it on a remote machine with some parameters and get the return value. I see a lot on Google, triggering an exe from local machine that resides on remote machine. In my case, the exe resides on local machine. I do not want to do this with network shares. I have machine user credentials.

I want to do this with .Net not with any other tools.

Thanks

• Edited by HemC Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:49 PM

Answers

• Sorry, if you want a ".Net way" (so no use of existing windows stuff), then you simply have to install something.

If you do not want to do that, then you have to use stuff that is build into windows. So File Shares and WMI are the proper ways to do it.

Before you develop any software you have to define what the software is doing. Maybe you want to go to read about remote access possibilities of Windows first. When you decided how you want to do the access, we might be able to implement the access from a .Net application.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you could write a WCF Service which is running on the remote server. Then you can have a client on your local system which connects to the remote server and transmits the executable and then executes it.

That would be a .Net way to do it.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:50 PM
  • I need to do this without any agent running on remote machine.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:59 AM
  • Sorry, if you want a ".Net way" (so no use of existing windows stuff), then you simply have to install something.

If you do not want to do that, then you have to use stuff that is build into windows. So File Shares and WMI are the proper ways to do it.

Before you develop any software you have to define what the software is doing. Maybe you want to go to read about remote access possibilities of Windows first. When you decided how you want to do the access, we might be able to implement the access from a .Net application.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:00 AM