none
Gesture Studio - Record, edit and train gestures in minutes RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just wanted to let everyone know about a software product called "Gesture Studio". It pretty much allows anyone from developers to beginners to record, edit and teach gestures to other applications. All you have to do is record yourself doing a gesture and the program will allow you to bind key presses to the gesture you recorded, kind of like FAST but without the limitations. 

Check it out here: http://gesturestudio.ca/dev its free to use for non commercial use. 

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:10 PM

All replies

• Also noticed that alot of you are looking to capture and store this data. Gesture Studio has a feature that allows you to save RGB IR and Depth arrays for each frame you are recording. 
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Do they allow you to donate money to their project and use it for commerical purposes? or can be be purchased commerically for developer use?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:20 AM
  • ARB Labs sell commercial licences for developers who wish to use it in commercial applications. 
    • Edited by vcazan Friday, December 21, 2012 7:10 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 6:22 PM
  • can you provide link or instructions? I wish to use it for my Kinect sign language project on codeplex and future projects (all of which I will not be directly making money for them <- non-profit on the projects).

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

Friday, December 21, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Please contact me at vlad@arblabs.com and we can talk about licensing options. As for the software have you tried it out? Just make an account and you will be generated a serial number which you can use to install Gesture Studio on your computer. 
    Friday, December 21, 2012 7:05 PM
  • I've just looked at the video on your website, which does not have audio, but it seems like two people are involved in the recording process. You might want to consider to use MS Speech SDK for voice input (that's what I've done for my own tools that involve starting/stopping the recording process).
    Saturday, January 5, 2013 11:15 AM
  • You're right! The video was recorded by two people, the reason was to give the gestures useful names for later. MS Speech SDK is included, it saves lots of time if recording many samples of the same gesture, or if you don't need to customize the gesture names.

Thanks, hope you enjoy playing with the software!

• Edited by bulzacki Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Thanks for Sharing

Vuyiswa Maseko

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:52 PM