collapse all expand all RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to set my grouping to show all yes or no, 

I set my parameter to to show all with available values yes or no

i then added the sub groups with 

i have implemented "Expand All and Collapse All options in a drill down" in this manner

included a boolean parameter named "ExpandAllGroups"

and then modified the sub groups as shown below:

For each sub group (except the topmost)
    Edit Group --> Grouping and Sorting Properties --> Visibility Tab --> Initial Visibilty --> Expression: =IIf(Parameters!ShowAll, False, True)

I have two problems related to the above on is the expand all column works great when the parameter yes is chosen, when it says no i would still like the Plus sign to then expand as normal however nothing shows in my report. 

so when expanded shows data

when it is not expanded shows no data and not even the plus signs

I figure it is something to do with my viability options but unsure my top group has show all on initial run 

the text boxes and groups i have selected to show or hide based on the expression or it can be toggled by the company  + sign, so it will show expanded but not collapses  

here is my current groups 

• Edited by Kadmiels Friday, January 13, 2017 4:55 PM
    Friday, January 13, 2017 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Kadmiels,

From your description, would you like to expand all when the parameter="yes" and only display "plus" means collapse all when the parameter="No", right?

Based on your report design and expression, I did a test and I can expand all and collapse all. Please refer to following steps:

If I misunderstand your requirement, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Kadmiels Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:28 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 3:21 AM