Visual Studio Load Tests - Programatic way to query test controller/agents? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Folks,

I have a stress suite built on the VS Load Tests framework and am currently in the process of automating this. Now one issue I have to be aware of is resource contention, i.e. if a run kicks off which in turn uses our single controller to farm out jobs to our N test agents, and shortly thereafter, another run kicks off (I don't have control over how often or frequent these may occur), I don't want it to queue up the work, or worse, try to farm out the tasks to an already loaded set of test agents (being as these are stress tests, validity of performance numbers are important).

So my thought is to prepend this stress job with logic that checks the status of the agents to see if they are currently running, or check somehow to see if the controller has a job scheduled against it.

TLDR: Is there an API that I can access that would allow me to communicate with the test controller to query for run/agent status information?

Thanks in advance.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:44 PM

Answers