none
WLK 1.6 - Certain tests fail under Vista x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running two drivers through WLK 1.6 and have gotten through Win 7 x86/x64 and Vista x86.  However there are two tests that are failing under Vista x64 because the logs can not be copied back to the DTM Server.  All of the other tests pass, but these two fail:

1. Common Scenerio Stress With IO
    2. Sleep Stress With IO

Looking at the logs I can see that the tests against my driver pass, but it is not able to copy the logs back to the DTMLogs share on the server.  This is the error from the logs:

Copying File From "C:\WLK\JobsWorkingDir\Tasks\WTTJobRunFBE8FEE3-8F9E-4C64-9232-A9FE76CBD703\ScriptErrors.txt" to "\\WHQL-SERVER.dev.bomgar.local\DTMLogs\\4AA0EAFC-BA0D-42E4-A2BA-790731198322\ScriptErrors.txt" Failed

Error Code 53 (The network path was not found)

I have the firewall disabled on both the client and the server.  On the client network discovery has been both enabled and disabled.  I have removed and reinstalled DTM Client, and created a new submission even so that the client would be setup again (LLU's etc...).  I can ping the FQDN shown above, however running net view \\whql-server.dev.bomgar.local gives me access denied when running under the DTMLLUAdminUser.  I did not have to do any special setup for the other clients so I don't think I skipped any configuration step...

I am thinking that this really has nothing to do with WLK, but with Vista x64 having issues connecting to a Windows 2008 R2 server share.  I have not been able to find anything concrete in that regard.

If anyone can provide any pointers I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

• Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:47 PM WLK/WHCK related (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, August 24, 2012 2:05 AM

Answers

• I solved this issue and moved on before both updating my notes and this thread.  Now recently I had to run the driver through WHQL and ran into this issue again.  Since I did not note what the fix was I had the joy of going through it all over again.

For me: this issue turned out to be directly related to the version of the network card driver on the systems I am using for the test clients.  Once I downloaded the most current drivers from the manufactures website everything passes.

I have run into this before with video card drivers as well.

If you get test failures with seemingly unexplainable error codes; in my case it was log copy errors of type 53 (network path not found) then start looking at driver versions for base hardware such as network and video.

I have also found that static IP address assignment is almost a must, again for me in my environment.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:30 PM

All replies

• does the account on the machine test have admin priviledges? can it connect back to the server?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 24, 2012 5:57 AM
  • the DTMLLUAdminUser on the test machine is in the local admin group.  Both the test system and the server are part of a domain.  Under the test user, I can ping the dtm server but i can not connect to any shares unless I supply a username and password.

I do not see a DTMLLUAdminUser on the server side.  Should there be one?

Friday, August 24, 2012 12:56 PM
  • I have noticed there are two DTMLLUAdminUser users on my test machine.  They are:

DTMLLUAdminUser

DTMLLUAdminUser.whqlvista64

whqlvista64 being the test machine name.  The autologin setup by DTM client is using the second one.

Friday, August 24, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Nicholas

on the Server Side, there wont be any user with the name DTMLLUADminUser.Instead we will have DTMServiceADminUser. However its not necessary to use this user to connect to Server from client.

Please  supply the default Administrator [ normally the default use would be Administrator] and password, when a username and password is promoted to connect to Server machine from the Clients.

Thanks

Wintestlogo Team

Wintest Consultancy and Services Email:technical.team@wintestlogo.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:17 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.  I am not sure I follow what you are saying. Is there a way to tell the DTM client which user to use when connecting to the DTMLogs share?  Also I am curious why this works for the other tests, but really more concerned to these two working.

I have tried establishing persistent connections to the DTMLogs share under the DTMLLUAdminUser login but still get the same error.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:29 PM
  • I solved this issue and moved on before both updating my notes and this thread.  Now recently I had to run the driver through WHQL and ran into this issue again.  Since I did not note what the fix was I had the joy of going through it all over again.

For me: this issue turned out to be directly related to the version of the network card driver on the systems I am using for the test clients.  Once I downloaded the most current drivers from the manufactures website everything passes.

I have run into this before with video card drivers as well.

If you get test failures with seemingly unexplainable error codes; in my case it was log copy errors of type 53 (network path not found) then start looking at driver versions for base hardware such as network and video.

I have also found that static IP address assignment is almost a must, again for me in my environment.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:30 PM