Signing the Windows phone 8 app (Testing -IBM App center)_ Symantec mobile code signing Certificate 299$_ is there any alternative? RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a mobile application for windows phone 8, I want to test my application in IBM APPLICATION CENTRE, for this I need to sign the application by using SYMANTEC CODE SIGNING CERTIFICATE, it costs me 299$, does windows trust any other vendors other than Symantec, with whom I can sign my application for testing purpose.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:07 AM

All replies

• can any one answer to my question
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Hello Gubbala,

For testing there is a beta option (more information here) which also includes alternate distribution options for your apps. The Symantec Code Signing Certificate will allow you to distribute your app outside of the store, but you may also use some of the alternate distribution options to distribute your app privately. It’s possible you may be able to use one of the listed distribution options without needing to purchase the certificate from Symantec.

If you have any questions about the distribution options please contact us here through your developer account. Thank you!

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:04 PM