none
Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission, System.data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've been a little stumped with this. I have developed a simple application that manipulates an SQL Database. I'm within a big organisation so the permissions I have to do things are limited.

The application is deployed as an executable file on a database server shared directory.

upon launching, the application first checks for database connectivity by attempting to open a database connection. The confusion issue i'm having is that for most individuals this works, so it's not limited to just me as the developer. There's literally a handful of individuals that have the following exception error.

Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission, System.data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed

Is this a database or software error? If anybody could point me, not necessarily to the answer but what the issue is, I can let our IT team know.

Regards,
    Jason

Regards
    • Moved by Bob Beauchemin Friday, December 17, 2010 5:45 PM Moved to a more appropriate forum (From:.NET Framework inside SQL Server)
    Friday, December 17, 2010 12:23 PM

Answers