none
[Access 2k3 + VBA] How to import Excel spreadsheet automatically into Access Table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I receive every day sales stats in Excel files, and I always import them manually to Access to use my SQL queries and generate reports that I copy back again to Excel to make Pivot Tables...

It's too time consuming for me so I want to automate a part of this process:

How can I do to open a MS Access VBA Form that have a button that will automatically import the Excel file in the Access Database, please?

Regards

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:03 PM

Answers

• If the column data types and number of column is same then you can research with Docmd.TransferSpreadhseet.

This will easily import in acccess.

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by Admin-Dev Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:33 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:28 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• If the column data types and number of column is same then you can research with Docmd.TransferSpreadhseet.

This will easily import in acccess.

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Marked as answer by Admin-Dev Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:33 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:28 PM
    Answerer
  • shame on me... so easy...

Thank you!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:34 PM