How to buy? RRS feed

• Question

• Looks like MSAGL is not available in Windows Store. What is the current status of this?
    Monday, February 2, 2015 9:26 AM

All replies

• I'm also interested. I've seen quite a few links to the store saying I can purchase MSAGL there but the links always redirect to the root of the store and searching never returns any good results.

Is there currently any way to purchase MSAGL so I can use it in a commercial project other than buying an MSDN subscription?

Also, I saw references on Lev's page that MSAGL is included in VS 2010 Ultimate and VS 2012 Pro and newer but under my VS 2012 Pro and 2013 Pro install folders I only find it buried in the IDE PrivateAssemblies folder so it's obviously not intended to be reused.

Microsoft - please help us give you money or correct the pages that say it can be purchased outside of a MSDN subscription. If I can't purchase it separately then I'd like to know that for sure so I can be looking for an alternative.

Steve

Monday, February 23, 2015 9:21 PM
  • MSAGL has become an open source project. It can be reached at https://github.com/microsoft/automatic-graph-layout.

Thanks,

Lev

Lev Nachmanson

Friday, February 27, 2015 6:51 AM
  • Hi Lev, this is very good news, nice that I see you're also updating Silverlight version at GitHub, thinking of making a Mindmap-style component with MSAGL to use at ClipFlair Studio (http://ClipFlair.net)

I've sent you the following remarks by e-mail, copying here too in case you didn't get those e-mails:

at the right handside it says “Buy…” - shouldn’t this link be removed? (is broken link anyway)

...same goes for the
    page, it has some older I guess download (GLEE.msi) that it calls though
    “Automatic Graph Layout”
    and says

Microsoft Automatic Graph Layout, formerly
    known as Graph Layout Execution Engine (GLEE), is a .NET tool for laying out and
    visualizing directed graphs. GLEE is still available as a free download.
    Automatic Graph Layout is now available for download at
    github.com.

but also says:

GLEE cannot be used for commercial purposes. Automatic Graph layout can be used for commercial purposes.
  • GLEE is free; Automatic Graph Layout is available for purchase.

which is confusing, since at github I see MIT  license (aka free to use for commercial purpose too)

cheers,

George

---
    George Birbilis
    Microsoft MVP J# 2004-2010
    Borland Spirit of Delphi 2001

Microsoft MVP J# 2004-2010, Borland Spirit of Delphi 2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:02 PM