Expression Blend Classroom training? RRS feed

• Question

• For over a year now, I'm searching for Classroom (in person) training on Microsoft Expression Blend.

I'm a UI designer's with a background primarily in UX,  Photoshop and Flash, and little experience with actual software coding.

The question is if anyone is aware of Classroom training in Blend, I'm not referring to Silverlight (for the Web) but actually to use Blend in order to create WPF applications.

I read various books, and watched online Videos training, but it seem like a Big gap from Microsoft not having any training or support for "Designer" (non coders).

I recently took a poll of few other designers with similar background as mine and they share the same view/need for in person training.

Thanks for any suggestion you may have.
    Fausto
    Monday, January 25, 2010 4:31 PM

All replies

• Agreed.  That is why they need to hire me to hold classes.  I attend events sponsored by Microsoft and other companies where they talk mostly about Silverlight and WPF from a developers standpoint.  There was one class where they had a developer trying to teach some design in Blend and its was just horrible.  She kept going back to code and VS and the topic was supposed to be about Design in Blend!

I've been at this for over a year now and have trudged through learning the program only because I believe in a few years its going to give Adobe a run for its money. 

Blend is capable of doing some amazing things for designers who spend enough hours learning the program.  I'll find cool Flash examples and then challenge myself to try and recreate them in Blend as close as possible.

Brennan, who is a mod on this forum also understands this and shares our concerns.  Be sure to check out sites like Silverzine.com for designer based tutorials as well.

Hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Zachary Bauer Tuesday, January 26, 2010 3:30 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:28 PM
  • Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:41 PM