none
Visual Studio caused an encountered an error that may be caused by an extension?

Question

• I'm working with SSRS 2012. Whenever I try to edit the report I get the following error message:

I don't understand why I get this. I've checked the .rpt file out of TFS, so I should have write privileges to it. What is causing this error and is there anything I can do about it?

Rod

Thursday, June 2, 2016 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Rod,

Generally it would be related to certain extension tools.

If you run your VS in safe mode, how about the result?

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

If it works well in safe mode, you would disable/remove certain extension tools in your VS, and then check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Monday, June 6, 2016 3:15 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Rod,

Generally it would be related to certain extension tools.

If you run your VS in safe mode, how about the result?

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

If it works well in safe mode, you would disable/remove certain extension tools in your VS, and then check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Rod at Work Monday, June 6, 2016 3:15 PM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 4:11 AM
  • Hi Jack,

So then its an issue of just checking out which extension is the culprit by removing them all and putting them back in, one at a time? OK, I'll give that a go.

Rod

Monday, June 6, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Did this work for you?
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:21 PM
  • Yes.

Rod

Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:25 PM