Looking for more sample code exercising the healthvault sdk RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for more simple coding examples showing the healthvault sdk in use.  The SODA client application is extremely helpful because the c# console application doesn't obscure the sdk calls.  Unfortunately aside from getting connected, no small feat :-) , the app only does a simple read.  Can anyone point to other sample code which demos more of the sdk's functionality.  I'm sure writing, updating, removing, etc. will be just as simple once I can see it in sample code.

The javascript sample in the CodePlex based "HeathVault Library for Windows 8" seems to do about everything, but it's inaccessible to those of us who are javascript illiterate. :-(  I gamely pointed my debugger at hvJS.sln anyway, but there are too many layers of extraneous stuff going-on for it to be instructive.

I'm also interested in c# code samples which show how to consume healthvault as a webservice.  I'd like to be able to experiment with some of those higher level method calls, but I'm not quite sure how to get there.

Thanks to anyone for advice in this matter.

Monday, April 1, 2013 6:21 PM

All replies

• There are samples available in \Microsoft HealthVault\SDK\DotNet directory once you install the .NET SDK. You will also find a list of sample code available here.
    Monday, April 1, 2013 6:45 PM
  • One of the handy features of the .Net Class library documentation is that they contain tiny illustrations of usage.  Since the HealthVault SDK reference doesn't provide these code samples one has to rely on the supplied sample code.  But it's not easy to find things.  The "SODA Client App" shows provisioning and a way to read the data.  The  "SDK\DotNet\ClientSamples\HVClientSample" shows how to write a new entry.  I'm now searching for how to update an existing entry and also to remove it.  Specifically I would like to see the usage of the "UpdateItem" and  "RemoveItem" methods in their proper context.  Can anyone point me in the proper direction.  (I'd actually like to see an illustrated discussion of other members of the HealthRecordAccessor Class, but I don't want to seem too greedy.)  Are there any "white papers" on basic HealthVault coding techniques?  I'm sure the sample code that's out there does show these things somewhere, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack.  I possible please refer me to C# console apps, because they don't have layers of superfluous material.  Thanks.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Eric Gunnerson has written a series of posts titled Introduction to HealthVault Development in his blog. The posts have a lot of code samples in them. Please take a look.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 7:29 PM