none
Clean Up Option on Shared Exchange Folders RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure that I am posting my question to the right community, so if I am not, please point me to the right direction.

I have shared a lawyer's outlook with his secretary using "manage full access permission" on Exchange, she has access to everything, she can view every single folder, however, there is one option that does not work.  Whether she right-clicks on the folder or look at the toolbar, the "Clean up folder" is greyed out.

Is there a way for this option to work on the secretary's workstation

Thank you for your help

Jeannie

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:54 PM

All replies

• Are you using at least Outlook 2010? You do not have full functionality if you just added the mailbox to the secretaries outlook by adding it to the additional mailbox list. You will need to add the mailbox as another Exchange mailbox in Outlook which can be done from the 'Mail' applet in the Control Panel. You also have the option of setting up a new Outlook profile separate from the secretaries. The secretary could then choose to open that lawyers profile when they need to make changes beyond what can be done in her Outlook.
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

Yes we do have Outlook 2010.  I did try to create a separate profile on the secretary's computer and the cleanup option is still not available.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jeannie

Friday, February 7, 2014 11:57 AM
  • I have tried different scenarios and I don't think you can use that option with a shared mailbox. I think it is a feature that will only work when you are logged in as the primary mailbox account and not as a secondary account with full access. I wish I had better fixes for you.

Friday, February 7, 2014 1:23 PM