Web Application deployment issues on web server ? RRS feed

• Question

• User801422497 posted

Hi,

I have developed a web application in .net framework 4.0, It works fine when i try to run it from localhost. But as soon as i shifted it to the web server, its performance degraded significantly. All the other applications in the web server are in .net framework 3.5. So, in order to run this application in 4.0, i created another application pool and placed my new application in that.

Then i tested the application and it was running fine without much delay. But another problem arises due to which the application was running smoothly when only 1-2 server requests  were passed. For more than 2 server requests, it was again showing the same delay and was unable to open to the application. It would be great if someone help me to overcome this issue.

If any further info is needed please let me know.

Thanks..!!

Jatin

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:22 AM

Answers

• User-1392847221 posted

Hi,

In production  try to  use follwoing things

1) deploy 64 bit  solution.

2) in the webconfig set debug = false

3)delete .pdb files from your bin

4) Check Default application pool.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:41 AM
  • User551462331 posted

the performance of web site can vary greatly based on server it is deployed on....

for example, check if server has sufficient memory to process requests... does web server and database server are on different networks and in distant geography... how about their network bandwidth... does it access distant web services?

also, it could be that it is taking time only for first run and it might run fine from next requests... check the caching mechanism and image optimisation techniques etc. to imrove the performance of web site

hope this helps...

All replies

• User-1392847221 posted

Hi,

In production  try to  use follwoing things

1) deploy 64 bit  solution.

2) in the webconfig set debug = false

3)delete .pdb files from your bin

4) Check Default application pool.

• User551462331 posted

the performance of web site can vary greatly based on server it is deployed on....

for example, check if server has sufficient memory to process requests... does web server and database server are on different networks and in distant geography... how about their network bandwidth... does it access distant web services?

also, it could be that it is taking time only for first run and it might run fine from next requests... check the caching mechanism and image optimisation techniques etc. to imrove the performance of web site

hope this helps...