drag and drop items disssapear in SettingsFlyout RRS feed

Answers

• This is a bug in the popup class which the SettingsFlyout relies upon.  The only workaround at this time is to create your own control that mimics this appearance, or don't use drag/drop.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:48 PM

All replies

• Can you post a sample app for this?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, January 10, 2014 1:33 PM
  • Yes, you can find a sample project here https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=4E17E6187E68FD74&resid=4E17E6187E68FD74%219308&authkey=AETplIy4u8g7Huc

You will notice when you grab an item, it disappears.  Yet when you drag out of the settings flyout you can see it and that it didn't disappear, but was hiding behind the flyout.

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:18 PM
  • I am investigating this.

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:16 PM
  • This is a bug in the popup class which the SettingsFlyout relies upon.  The only workaround at this time is to create your own control that mimics this appearance, or don't use drag/drop.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:48 PM