Listview Export to CSV or Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I have an aspx page (vbscript) with a search button. The results of the search come up in ListView. I have that setup so you can insert, update, delete, etc.

I would like to put a button on the page that would export the ListView results to a CSV file or Excel. Any tutorials or guidance would be appreciated.

thanks

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:32 PM

All replies

• The only way I've found of doing that sucessfully is by using a commercial component, part of an expensive suite.

Other than than you can instruct the use to copy and paste the ListView contents straight into Excel.

HTH

PS: Having written the above I've found this link which might help.

http://dotnetdawgs.com/post/Export-ListView-to-Excel.aspx

PSS: I've assumed you are working with VB and ASP.Net

Ian Haynes

EW - V4 Add-Ins
    EW - Resources, hints and tips
    EW - Design for the Mobile Web
    expression(web.blog)

• Edited by Ian Haynes Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:10 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:01 PM
  • I have an aspx page (vbscript) with a search button. The results of the search come up in ListView. I have that setup so you can insert, update, delete, etc.

No, you don't. You either have a Classic ASP page (vbscript) or an ASPX page (VB.NET). Since EW's dev server doesn't support Classic ASP, I suspect it is the latter. Do please be accurate in your descriptions; it does make a difference.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:13 PM