none
Azure Storage node not visible in VS Server Explorer

Question

• I installed Azure SDK 2.5 to be able to manage Azure storage in Visual Studio 2013 update 4. The storage node was not visible in VS Server Explorer. After installing the Azure SDK, VS gives me the following warning message when opening a solution:

The Activity log shows the following:

<entry>
        <record>994</record>
        <time>2015/06/16 11:45:58.192</time>
        <type>Error</type>
        <source>VisualStudio</source>
        <description>End package load [ResourceManagerPackage]</description>
        <guid>{7C6A3AE5-F469-4D51-B52D-50393DEC9432}</guid>
        <hr>80004005 - E_FAIL</hr>
        <errorinfo>Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Azure.ResourceManager.Contracts.1.0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.</errorinfo>
      </entry>

I have tried the following to solve the issue:

• reinstall visual studio, the error goes away, but as soon as I install the Azure SDK, the problem is back.
    • the repair option via control panel
    • install SDK 2.6
    • log a bug at MS

A similar issue is described here.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Rename following folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions" as "Extensions_old" and then open VS 2013 in safe mode using devenv.exe /SafeMode cmd and try to update NuGet Package Manager , it is updated successfully.

After that, close the VS and open it normally. Check if you are still facing the same warming message issue.

Regards,
    Manu

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:26 PM
  • Hi Manu,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried your suggestion but I still have the same warning message. And another warning: The 'VsPackage' package did not load correctly.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:07 PM
  • Hi,

I would suggest you create a Technical Support Case to further troubleshoot your issue as this might require more information than can be shared on a public forum.
    You could refer the following link to raise an Azure Technical Support Case:
    http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/support/options/

Regards,
    Malar.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:22 AM
  • Opening tickets costs $$.  Has anyone found answer to this?
    Friday, July 29, 2016 11:11 PM