none
Customize Reply in Discussion board application SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to customize the reply in discussion board app, i want to add new fields where the user will fill them.

I added some new fields to the content type "Message" but they are not appearing in the reply from.

any idea to start this customization is appreciated.

Thank you 

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You could fill/reply your custom fields in Threaded view.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer, it helped me. what if i want to customize the reply in Flat view, is it applicable ?

Regards  

Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

In theory, we could custom flat view as flat view is customized by sp.ui.discussions.js, you could validate this by SharePoint designer, open the flat view Flat.aspx.

<View Name="{BFB87B76-89FE-47E3-8FB8-64E6481F18FB}" DefaultViewForContentType="TRUE" Type="HTML" TabularView="FALSE" ReadOnly="TRUE" IncludeRootFolder="TRUE" DisplayName="Flat" Url="/Lists/DISBoard/Flat.aspx" Level="1" BaseViewID="2" ContentTypeID="0x01200200C0A1DAFED7B4544CB677BBBAFAF4172E" ImageUrl="/_layouts/15/images/vwdisc.png?rev=23" CssStyleSheet="discthread.css" ><Query><OrderBy Override="TRUE"><FieldRef Name="Created" Ascending="TRUE"/></OrderBy></Query><ViewFields><FieldRef Name="PersonViewMinimal"/><FieldRef Name="BodyAndMore"/><FieldRef Name="StatusBar" Explicit="TRUE"/><FieldRef Name="Author"/><FieldRef Name="MyEditor"/><FieldRef Name="Body"/><FieldRef Name="Message"/><FieldRef Name="TrimmedBody"/><FieldRef Name="ParentItemEditor"/><FieldRef Name="ParentItemID"/><FieldRef Name="BestAnswerId"/><FieldRef Name="ItemChildCount"/><FieldRef Name="Created"/><FieldRef Name="Modified"/><FieldRef Name="IsFeatured"/></ViewFields><RowLimit Paged="TRUE">20</RowLimit><JSLink>sp.ui.discussions.js</JSLink><XslLink>thread.xsl</XslLink><Toolbar Type="Standard"/></View></XmlDefinition>

You could try to create custom JSLink for this view by SharePoint CSR through it seems it’s not an easy task.

You could check below link for some samples.

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/office/Client-side-rendering-JS-2ed3538a

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:15 AM