none
Problem with form controls in Access RRS feed

• Question

• I have been adding form controls in Access. Previously it was easy to ungroup a text box/comb box etc from its label and move them so they do not overlap. Now I cannot find a way to ungroup them so they are overlapping each other on my finished form.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Try selecting the label, then Ctrl-X to cut, and ctrl-V to paste. Then you can move the textbox and label independently of each other.

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:09 AM
  • In addition to what Miriam said: you can grab the anchor in the upper left corner of the label and move it independently from its related control. There are benefits of keeping the two associated.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:25 PM
  • Hi Kolo Martin,

you had mentioned that , "Previously it was easy to ungroup a text box/comb box etc from its label"

did you upgrade a version of Access so that you think that in an old version it was easy but in new one you find it hard.

in which version of Access you are trying to do that?

you can drag it from its corner and you can move them independently.

or please visit the link below if you are using an layout

Move and resize controls independently

Regards

Deepak 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 12:35 AM