Find the locations near me via SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry this might not have complete details.. looking for some ideas to achieve this..

Enter the address: 139 Cooks Street postal code 23456

Button : Find Places

Should return me the Restaurants near me (I have the longitude and latitude of the place)

How to check for the given address the near by restaurants..any ideas..

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:21 AM

Answers

• Hi N_14,

>>Enter the address: 139 Cooks Street postal code 23456

Adding a parameter to your SSRS report so you can input value, however, you need to figure out how to convert address to a geometry point. I would suggest you review this blog see if it helps.

>>Button : Find Places

I don’t think this could be done in SSRS, all you get is ‘View Report’ button.

>>Should return me the Restaurants near me

Please refer to BOL about how to Query Spatial Data for Nearest Neighbor. In your case, you would need to have some sort of ‘LocationType’ column in your table, and add something like ‘LocationType= ‘Restaurant’’ to your where clause.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:10 AM

All replies

• Not sure will this helps you-

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/153ee55a-d2ef-45cb-86c6-d35d71d0a587/find-near-by-me?forum=transactsql

but you are  saying that find using SSRS - can you add some more informations (or) might someone may help you.

Regards, S_NO "_"

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:40 AM
  • Hi N_14,

>>Enter the address: 139 Cooks Street postal code 23456

Adding a parameter to your SSRS report so you can input value, however, you need to figure out how to convert address to a geometry point. I would suggest you review this blog see if it helps.

>>Button : Find Places

I don’t think this could be done in SSRS, all you get is ‘View Report’ button.

>>Should return me the Restaurants near me

Please refer to BOL about how to Query Spatial Data for Nearest Neighbor. In your case, you would need to have some sort of ‘LocationType’ column in your table, and add something like ‘LocationType= ‘Restaurant’’ to your where clause.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:10 AM