Unable to re-use deleted Endpoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've created CDN endpoint recently, do some stuff and after that delete CDN endpoint and CDN porfile.

When I've tried to re create it I've got fail wtith error "Endpoint already exists".

I've double checked that I don't have any endpoints with the same name on my subscription. Tried to wait a little to be sure that all changes completed but didn't get success.

• Edited by GidMaster Monday, September 9, 2019 3:50 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

There can be 2 possibilities here. 

1. Other customer might have taken this endpoint 

2. Even though you deleted the end point, it still exists in the backend and hence not allowing you to create. 

You have 2 choices, 

1. Simple way - Create endpoint with different name. Anyways you will be using a custom domain to hide this endpoint name when you are live or in production environment

2. If not, drop an email to azcommunity@microsoft.com , with your subscription ID. I will enable one time free support to fix this issue. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Monday, September 9, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Hi Msrini,

I believe that first option is unlikely possible. endpoint's name quite specific. And unfortunately it's hard to change the name because it generates automatically.

Is it normal behavior for CDN endpoints, and I can't use the same name again or I just got bad luck?

I've sent mail. with SubId and link on this request.

Thank you.

• Edited by GidMaster Monday, September 9, 2019 1:56 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 1:55 PM
  • Hi, 

Are you able to resolve this issue?

Please provide the resolution here to help other community members. 

Regards,

Msrini

Friday, September 13, 2019 12:25 PM
  • Hi, 

Do you have any update on this issue?

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:33 PM