Help! I published a site and it deleted the wwwroot folder RRS feed

• Question

• User-296881257 posted

I published a site today, and during this process it deposited the project files in c:\inetpub rather than in a folder within inetpub.   Then it deleted wwwroot and it's subfolders.   Anyone have any ideas how this may have happened and how to avoid in the process?   This was a server that a vendor set up and wondering if there were permissions.   IIS7 with VS2010. 

Essentially I wanted another independent site on this server and didn't want it comingled with anything the applications were currently using in c:\inetpub\wwwroot.  

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Friday, September 6, 2013 9:01 PM

Answers

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

It depends on your FTP account home directory settings. It should directory you want (by example webstite1), not the wwwroot.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 6:32 AM

All replies

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

It depends on your FTP account home directory settings. It should directory you want (by example webstite1), not the wwwroot.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 6:32 AM
  • User-296881257 posted

Yes,  normally it creates a folder - website one and puts it in the location. wwwroot.  I directed it to place it in inetpub instead but it did not create the new folder instead merged and deleted.

Saturday, September 7, 2013 9:54 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi wrknmom,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, I would like to know that do the physical path of your Default Web Site is "c:\inetpub\wwwroot"?

Please provide the detail steps about publish your project.

On the other hand, you can create a new website in the IIS, then publish your project and check the result.

Thanks

Best Regards

Monday, September 9, 2013 9:54 AM