Persistence RRS feed

• Question

• According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee383994.aspx,

The SQL Workflow Instance Store supports both self-hosted workflows or workflow services that use WorkflowApplication or WorkflowServiceHost as well as services hosted in WAS using WorkflowServiceHost. You can configure the SQL Workflow Instance Store feature for self-hosted services programmatically by using the object model exposed by the feature. You can configure this feature for services hosted by WorkflowServiceHost both programmatically by using the object model and also by using an XML configuration file.

Q: So does this mean that I can't configure the sqlWorkflowInstanceStore in application configuration file for the self-hosted services?

I remember in WF 3.5, persistent database configuration was either configurable or programmable for self-hosted services.

This is not true anymore in WF 4.0?

Thanks,

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:17 PM

Answers

• My understanding is that persistence for self-hosted services using WorkflowServiceHost is either configurable or programmable, self-host services without using WorkflowServiceHost depends on the implementaion of the host.

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Sunday, March 4, 2012 12:18 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:05 AM