none
Deploy Embedded features of WE81IP using MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to deploy Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro and configure the embedded features using MDT 2013 as described in this Windows Embedded blog post. I've imported the WE81IP image and created a task sequence but the Install Embedded Features tasks are not available. What do I need to do to make those tasks show up as shown in this image?

MDT Task Sequence with Embedded features

Software Hardware Systems

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:09 PM

All replies

• I would recommended using Windows System Image Manager (SIM) instead. When you import the WIM file into SIM, you get access to the Embedded Features.

My book has the details: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_SGSIM.html

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:13 PM
  • 

Thank you Mr. Liming. I originally used SWIM and read your book which was very helpful. However, our applications change frequently and we decided MDT would be a better tool for maintaining our images. I did go into WSIM from the MDT task sequence and enable the embedded features. But that did not affect the task sequence entries.

Any other suggestions on how to use MDT 2013 to configure Embedded features?

Software Hardware Systems

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:25 PM
  • Were you able to get MDT to image the Win 8.1 Industry Embedded in the first place?  i had to boot to the embedded os iso to even build and after I captured the WIM I wasnt able to apply the wim anywhere without errors.  This is after sysprep generalize OOBE
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:23 PM