none
Cognitive Search requests with API keys generated in Azure console return 401s RRS feed

• Question

• I was previously using a cognitive search API key with no issues. Recently, it expired (I assume due a migration to Azure but it's unclear).

To get a new API key, I took the following steps:

• created an Azure account
    • added the Cognitive Search APIs service (with image search, the service I'm interested in)
    • selected the standard package (1k req/month at $3/month if I recall)
    • created the service

When I attempt to use the new API key, either through curl, my app, or the test console, I receive a 401. I recreated the service and the new API key fails as well.

Thanks.

• Edited by piinecone Monday, December 5, 2016 9:26 AM formatting
    Monday, December 5, 2016 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Apologies for delay in response.

As we need sensitive data for troubleshooting the issue and we can not ask those in public forum, so I would request you, create a support ticket along with all subscription details. Our engineers would help you to resolve your issue. 

Regards,
    Swikruti

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting here!

This thread is more related to Cognitive Services. As we can’t move this thread to that forum, I would request you to create this thread here: Microsoft Azure >Cognitive Services

Regards,
    Swikruti

Monday, December 5, 2016 5:31 PM
  • I was previously using a cognitive search API key with no issues. Recently, it expired (I assume due a migration to Azure but it's unclear).

To get a new API key, I took the following steps:

• created an Azure account
    • added the Cognitive Search APIs service (with image search, the service I'm interested in)
    • selected the standard package (1k req/month at $3/month if I recall)
    • created the service

When I attempt to use the new API key, either through curl, my app, or the test console, I receive a 401. I recreated the service and the new API key fails as well.

Thanks.

• Merged by Swikruti Bose Tuesday, December 6, 2016 1:03 PM Same query
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

I followed your link and posted my question. It seems to have appeared in the azure > azure api management. I went ahead and created a stack overflow question because that just seems easier for everyone to navigate.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40990965/cognitive-search-requests-with-api-keys-generated-in-azure-console-return-401s

Thanks

• Edited by piinecone Tuesday, December 6, 2016 8:33 AM type
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Hello,

Apologies for inconvenience. We are checking on this and will get back to you as soon as we have any updates.

Regards,
    Swikruti

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 1:51 PM
  • Hello,

Apologies for delay in response.

As we need sensitive data for troubleshooting the issue and we can not ask those in public forum, so I would request you, create a support ticket along with all subscription details. Our engineers would help you to resolve your issue. 

Regards,
    Swikruti

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:47 AM