How do I fix the VS error message "The 'GitCollaborationPackage' package did not load correct"? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgrade my Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 to update 3. I then started getting the error message:

"The 'GitCollaborationPackage' package did not load correct"

The Problem may have been cased by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by examining the file ... ActivityLog.xml

Here are the entries in the activity log:

<entry>
        <record>339</record>
        <time>2014/08/12 08:10:54.529</time>
        <type>Information</type>
        <source>VisualStudio</source>
        <description>Begin package load [GitCollaborationPackage]</description>
        <guid>{6AC6A637-874E-4829-9AA0-B0CF5C41C735}</guid>
      </entry>
      <entry>
        <record>340</record>
        <time>2014/08/12 08:10:54.539</time>
        <type>Error</type>
        <description>SetSite failed for package [GitCollaborationPackage]</description>
        <hr>80131500</hr>
        <errorinfo>No exports were found that match the constraint: 
    ContractName Microsoft.VisualStudio.CodeSense.Git.Providers.Collaboration.SccTracking.IRepositoryEvents
    RequiredTypeIdentity Microsoft.VisualStudio.CodeSense.Git.Providers.Collaboration.SccTracking.IRepositoryEvents</errorinfo>
      </entry>
      <entry>
        <record>341</record>
        <time>2014/08/12 08:10:54.540</time>
        <type>Error</type>
        <description>End package load [GitCollaborationPackage]</description>
        <hr>80131500</hr>
        <errorinfo>No exports were found that match the constraint: 
    ContractName Microsoft.VisualStudio.CodeSense.Git.Providers.Collaboration.SccTracking.IRepositoryEvents
    RequiredTypeIdentity Microsoft.VisualStudio.CodeSense.Git.Providers.Collaboration.SccTracking.IRepositoryEvents</errorinfo>
      </entry>
    </activity>

Also (and this seems too coincidental to not be connected), I am unable to evaluate variables during run time. However this is appears to be only for one particular project. I hover over variables and do not get their value. I try to evaluate them in the immediate window and get the error message: "Internal error in the expression evaluator.". This same project works fine on another machine. What is more I have another project in the same solution file which works fine. I also noticed that I am not able to edit and continue with this project. It is in the Debug profile but it is as if it were in Release.

I have tried repairing VS2013 but that did not help. I have tried recreating the project but that did not seem to help either.

I do get the original error message coming up when I open other solutions.

Thanks for any help

David

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:34 AM

Answers

• In order to fix the issue one needs to clear the VS cache under:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ComponentModelCache

This solution from: http://kuebiko.blogspot.ru/2013/07/setsite-failed-for-package.html.

• Marked as answer by David.Zeidman Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:58 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:42 PM

All replies

• In order to fix the issue one needs to clear the VS cache under:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ComponentModelCache

This solution from: http://kuebiko.blogspot.ru/2013/07/setsite-failed-for-package.html.

• Marked as answer by David.Zeidman Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:58 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

Whether clearing VS2013 cache resolved your issue?

If no, through your description, you are facing two issues since you installed VS2013 Update 3:

1. “'GitCollaborationPackage' package did not load correct” error when you open any solution/project.
    2. Can’t evaluate variables of the project or do ‘edit and continue’ with this project on this specific machine when you debug the specific project.

My suggestions are below:

1. run VS under safe mode using devenv.exe /safemode(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278(v=vs.120).aspx ) to avoid the impact from some third-party VSPackages.
    2. reset your VS settings through Tools->Import and Export settings->Reset all settings->….
    3. If the two suggestions above does not help, please uninstall VS2013 Update 3 from Control Panel->Installed Updates then open and debug projects to check the result.
    4. If uninstall Update 3 still does not resolve the issues, because one issue is at Git related package, Git support is from VS2013, I doubt there is anything wrong with your VS2013, please uninstall all VS components from Control Panel and then reinstall VS2013 and VS2013 Update 3.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:44 AM
  • Thank you for this. This solved both problems.

David

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Great!Thanks very much!
    Friday, September 5, 2014 2:52 AM
  • I encountered the same issue as David with
    "The 'GitCollaborationPackage' package did not load correct"

though clearing VS cache didn't solve the issue in my case,

so I then decided to run VS under safe mode using devenv.exe /safemode option and reset VS settings through
    Tools->Import and Export settings->Reset all settings->….

and that solved everything. VS 2013 is now back and running. Thank's

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:23 PM