none
FileLoadException could not load assembly RRS feed

• Question

• I have a strange problem that just started to happen for no apparent reason.   I have a VSTO solution with a series of projects in it and when I launch outlook through visual studio I get the following exception.   The problem is with the "ShoreTrace" dll as the version that is attempted on loaded is 213.20.2204.    

I checked the ShoreTrace DLL in the Debug directory and it shows as 213.20.2228.  

When I check the manifest DLL for CASConnHostAddIn I see the following version always being placed there for ShoreTrace.   I do not understand why the manifest always shows 213.20.2204 and only for this specific DLL.   I also have no idea where Visual studio is getting this version number from.   

<dependentAssembly dependencyType="preRequisite" allowDelayedBinding="true">
          <assemblyIdentity name="ShoreTrace" version="213.20.2204.0" publicKeyToken="FA58550685654F29" language="neutral" processorArchitecture="msil" />
        </dependentAssembly>

Here is what I've tried so far:

* Cleaning entire solution and rebuilding

*  Downloading all our source code again from the repository and rebuilding

*  Running a Visual Studio repair

Why is this happening?  

Thanks

Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:53 PM

Answers

• Fixed... 

Actually it looks like I didn't remove all the code when I attempted to obliterate it from my client.   I obliterated everything completely and downloaded all the source code from the repository and now everything works.  

• Marked as answer by alexkfh Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:05 PM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:05 PM