none
Visual basic of .net 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,I am new to .net.

Would like to know mini project ideas for visual basic in .net.

Also can the quiz application be made using visual basic of .net 3.5 framework.

I don't want asp.net.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:54 AM

Answers

• You do not need to use ASP.Net if you do not want. If you want to create windows applications, you could take a look at http://windowsclient.net/ to find a lot of ressources. So you can download all that you need there, you find tutorials and a lot of forums targeting development of applications.

When you start, I would also suggest to use WPF. But if you want to use VB.Net, then there is no reason to switch to C#.

Regarding ideas: Just look around what you are doing. Just create a small project out of each. So what are you doing all day? You like to watch DVDs or so? And you have a collection of DVDs? Maybe you write a small tool to keep a list of DVDs ... then you might extend it so you add a rating or whatever ...

For us it is hard to give you mini projects because we have no idea what level you already have. Do you need projects that helps you to get into something e.g. ADO.Net or do you still need to learn the Visual Basic commands and structures?

But maybe the GetStarted section on that site is a good start. They also introduce some simple projects and you could simply continue and build it up...

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:46 AM

All replies

• Yes, definately you can. If you are looking for desktop application, then my suggestion wouldbe,  better go for WPF/C#

Regards, http://shwetamannjain.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:25 AM
  • You do not need to use ASP.Net if you do not want. If you want to create windows applications, you could take a look at http://windowsclient.net/ to find a lot of ressources. So you can download all that you need there, you find tutorials and a lot of forums targeting development of applications.

When you start, I would also suggest to use WPF. But if you want to use VB.Net, then there is no reason to switch to C#.

Regarding ideas: Just look around what you are doing. Just create a small project out of each. So what are you doing all day? You like to watch DVDs or so? And you have a collection of DVDs? Maybe you write a small tool to keep a list of DVDs ... then you might extend it so you add a rating or whatever ...

For us it is hard to give you mini projects because we have no idea what level you already have. Do you need projects that helps you to get into something e.g. ADO.Net or do you still need to learn the Visual Basic commands and structures?

But maybe the GetStarted section on that site is a good start. They also introduce some simple projects and you could simply continue and build it up...

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:46 AM
  • I am in college studying.So,I have to do project. It can be like project with easy modules .
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

like the other I would also recommend WPF. Christian Moser has a great site with a lot of resources about WPF - http://wpftutorial.net/

Like Konrad said, if you want to go with VB: just do it. I personally would prefer C# (for example, because most tutorials on the web are in C#), but you can do exactly do the same in both languages (and some things - like working with XML - is easier in VB).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:24 PM