Fix for the problem finding glibsharpglue-2 lib using mono to run an .exe app - Mono 3.1.1 Mac 10.8 RRS feed

• Question

• User2431 posted

I had problems trying to find a way to run an exe with mono. This is the error message I received:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Gtk.Application ---> System.DllNotFoundException: glibsharpglue-2.so or .dylib

I tried to modify the configuration file to include this library, but no luck so I just inserted this line into mt terminal .bash_profile file so rather then run it in every terminal window, when I open a new terminal window it always works. Don't know why this library isn't being found with the standard Mono/GTK# install on Mac. Just hope this helps someone. If someone has a proper solution for this problem, please comment.

export DYLDFALLBACKLIBRARY_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:30 PM

All replies

• User9 posted

You might want to try asking this sort of question on the Mono forums: http://www.mono-project.com/Community#Forums.2FMailing_lists

Friday, February 15, 2013 12:37 PM
  • User2431 posted

Thanks Chris

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:18 PM