how to uninstall "hortonworks Data Platform 1.0.1 developer Preview" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

who knows how to uninstall the "hortonworks platform"? I tried "uninstall" in control panel. There is no way somehow to remove it at all.

Does anyone have a good approach on this?

If I re-install the HDinsight, will this be overridden by the new installation?

Derek

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:38 PM

All replies

• Quoting from: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/14141.installing-the-developer-preview-of-hdinsight-services-on-windows.aspx#Debug

"

If there is a problem with the installation, got to the Programs and Features page in the Control Panel and check for two items:
    - Microsoft HDInsight Community Technology Preview
    - Hortonworks Data Platform 1.0.1 Developer Preview

Uninstall these items and repeat the installation procedure. The order of uninstall is important. Uninstall the Microsoft HDInsight Community Technology Preview first, and then the Hortonworks Data Platform 1.0.1 Developer Preview.

"

> I recollect following these instructions when I had to debug my installation. I hope this helps.

Paras Doshi (Blog: ParasDoshi.com | Twitter: @Paras_Doshi )

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:02 PM
  • I tried this but it doesnt work somehow

Derek

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:19 PM
  • I'm facing the same problem.

I was able to uninstall Microsoft HDInsight without any problems. However, when I try to uninstall the Hortonworks Data Platform, nothing happens after I click OK to the "Are you sure you want to uninstall Hortonworks Data Platform ..."

When I try "Change" or "Repair" instead of "Uninstall", I get a pop-up box saying "Fatal error during installation".

Do we have to start over from scratch?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:23 PM