none
Cannot load an Excel project in VS10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Following the steps in

Walkthrough: Creating Your First Document-Level Customization for Excel

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/vstudio/cc668197%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

I get an error "Cannot create project" even though i believe I have all the prerequisites in place.

"I tried to put the image in here by was disallowed"

this means i cannot run the sample files and learn the environment.

I tried to set Options -> Add-ins -> Manage Excel Add-ins -> Automation -> and Selected "Visual Studio Tools for Office Design-Time Adaptor for Excel". Then restart Excel to no good effect.

What to do?

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:00 AM

Answers

• I suggest  some file of excel have  been demaged lead to "cannot create project" error message pop up, I also meet this error and then i Repair Office from Task Pane and I can run document-level project. And you aslo make sure that there is no existing Excel process in task manager. you must end all excel process in task manager before build your document-Level document.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi TonyR63,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Which version of Office are you using?

In Visual Studio 2010, you'll see Excel 2007 Workbook project template as well as Excel 2010 Workbook project template. If you are trying to create an Excel 2007 workbook project while you have Office 2010 installed, this error will also occur to you.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:21 AM

All replies

• I suggest  some file of excel have  been demaged lead to "cannot create project" error message pop up, I also meet this error and then i Repair Office from Task Pane and I can run document-level project. And you aslo make sure that there is no existing Excel process in task manager. you must end all excel process in task manager before build your document-Level document.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi TonyR63,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Which version of Office are you using?

In Visual Studio 2010, you'll see Excel 2007 Workbook project template as well as Excel 2010 Workbook project template. If you are trying to create an Excel 2007 workbook project while you have Office 2010 installed, this error will also occur to you.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:21 AM