none
Running the prog in a network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Every one,

If any one can help, I made a programme for my org in a simple form. Basically I used my data base as mdf in Bisual Studio 2008. Which operates in a stand alone computer. Now I am in a situation that I need to run the prog in a network.  When I tried to make the prog using SQL data base it only operates in the computer where it is built. whenever I load it to any other computer it says it could not find the database it requires. It will be appriciated if any one can give a easy solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance 

Friday, October 30, 2009 3:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Let me confirm the following first.

Do you still want to run it as a mdf or do you now have a SQL Server database?

If you want to use a common SQL Server database over anetwork you have to change the connection string appropriately in the config file. See the below link for more details

http://www.aspspider.com/tips/Tip18.aspx

Friday, October 30, 2009 9:36 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for reply,

Well any thing that suits me to make my software run in the multiclint environment. if you want me to make database in SQL Server that also I can do. Which means. I would like to initially operate my sofware within 4 to 5 computers in a net work environment, one computer may act as server computer  where the main database will be handled in this case. The link that you have given, for me it is very  difficult to comprehend as I am very new in this business. I think I could explain my mind to you. If you can help solving my problem. Thanks
    Friday, October 30, 2009 2:34 PM