none
When Mail app for Outlook is deleted from email account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created two mail apps for Outlook. I'm using Visual Studio to deploy manifest files to my Office 365 Outlook account, and everything work ok. Problem is that my apps are deleted from my account and I have to deploy again and again...:(.

Why and when apps are deleted from email account? What is it depends from?
    How to counteract to this?

Thanks!

Friday, April 25, 2014 9:28 AM

All replies

• Are you deploying your Apps to a Hosted Web Server ? Are you using a repuatble host and do you have a static FQDN for your host. Can you post your manifest ?

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:11 AM
  • Thanks for answer.

I have standard project (Apps for Office 2013) created in my Visual Studio 2012 (with instaled Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012). Files .aspx, .js, .css, and other are hosted on IIS in Windows Server 2012 in local network.

I have also email acount on Office 365 (I use web site login.microsoftonline.com to login to email acount) - it is standard acount, not a developer.

In my project I have changed only adres to start page. To deploy/install manifest file on my email i only press F5 in Visual Studio and this work.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

Monday, May 5, 2014 7:20 PM
  • Mail Apps for Office365/Exchange Online need to hosted on publically accessible Web Server that has a registered SSL certificate. Eg For OWA to use this app its going to need to access these pages hence they need to be publically hosted with a good SSL cert. I would say this is why your apps are being deleted.

If you have a MSDN licence then use you can use the Azure benefits http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/member-offers/msdn-benefits-b/ which provides an good solution for publically hosting mail apps for development.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:42 AM