none
EXCEL 2016 Protecting a Sheet and enabling Grouping to be expanded or contracted RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sheet in a 2016 excel workbook that I would like to be able to protect and be able to use the + and - buttons on groups. And for it to enable me to do this every time I enter the ssheet without having to re run a macro. I am not super familiar with the workings of macros so step by step guidance would be appreciated
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:40 PM

All replies

• Hello ShelleyScott,

>>I have a sheet in a 2016 excel workbook that I would like to be able to protect and be able to use the + and - buttons on groups

As far as I know, we could not protect a worksheet and then enable group to be expanded and contracted at the same time. We could not expand or contract group once the worksheet is protected.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 27, 2018 1:31 AM