Is there a multi item Flipview like control?

Question

• Hello,

I am trying to make an app that uses something like a flipview but it allows the user to cycle through a number of items.  I was wondering if you can do this with the flipview and if not is their another control that can be used?

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Josh,

Let's use images as an example.  Say you wanted to show 5 images at a time in a FlipView.  You could either pre-populate images based on multiple images and then load those into a FlipView.  Or you could create a UserControl or something that contains the multiple images and then load the series of UserControls into the FlipView.

Does that help?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:37 PM

All replies

• That's exactly what a FlipView does. Are you thinking that it's missing something that you need?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:16 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Sorry I should have been a little clear.  I was wondering if the flipview could display more than 1 item at a time.  I would like to display multiple items and let the user cycle through say 5 at a time.

Thanks,

Josh

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Hi Josh,

Let's use images as an example.  Say you wanted to show 5 images at a time in a FlipView.  You could either pre-populate images based on multiple images and then load those into a FlipView.  Or you could create a UserControl or something that contains the multiple images and then load the series of UserControls into the FlipView.

Does that help?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:37 PM
  • Truthfully, it sounds like you'd just prefer either pagination or a scrollviewer.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:42 PM
  • Sorry Mike for the late reply. Yes thank you for the clarification that makes a lot of sense. My fix for my problem was that I made a custom control that implemented a grid control and then casted it to a scrollview. This allowed me then to manually scroll the grid control to the left or right.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:16 PM